Get treated for tear outflow
Receive Treatment for your Tear Outflow Today!
Seek aid for tear outflow by undergoing endoscopic dcr surgery from the exceptionally proficient Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao – Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad
The tear duct in a body gets blocked because of numerous distinct reasons such as trauma, past surgery, tumor or an inflammatory clinical condition. To cure this, the procedure of endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) is performed. This method helps to create a direct opening from the lacrimal sac into the nasal passage to establish an immediate drainage mechanism.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is an excellent ENT specialist with a diligent attribute of utmost care and compassion towards his patients. He strives to deliver his patients with supreme quality of treatment.
Get an appointment
About Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr Chaitanya Rao is a member of the esteemed American Rhinologic Society (ARS) and European Rhinologic Society (ERS). With his 10+ years of extensive experience in the domain of ENT, he has a learning approach towards the field. Dr Chaitanya Rao is a true believer of the fact that a doctor needs to keep on updating or upskilling his knowledge round the clock in order to serve the patients with more competence. He advocates his belief by tutoring other ENT specialists through Hyderabad ENT Research Foundation and so far has imparted knowledge to more than 3000 ENT surgeons.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is not only the Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad but also is the Best Sinus Specialist in India. His areas of expertise include Nose & Sinus surgeries, Otology, Snoring and Sleep Apnea surgeries.
What is endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR)?
Endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy is considered as a treatment option for lower lacrimal passage blockage in adults. This surgery aims to eradicate fluid and mucus storage within the lacrimal sac, and to enhance tear drainage for relief from epiphora. The procedure creates a new passage for tears to drain between one’s nose.
One develops the symptoms of tearing when there is a disparity between tear production and drainage function of the lacrimal system. Tearing can consequently be caused by:
- Combinations of both hypersecretion and epiphora
To get a better understanding of one’s condition prior to the procedure of endoscopic DCR, an ENT specialist will administer tests like:
- CT scan of the nasal passages
- MRI scan of the nasal passages
Why Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao has been actively engaged in serving his patients as the Managing Director at Dr Rao’s ENT Group of Hospitals. Amid his Post – Graduation days, Dr Chaitanya Rao was invited as a visiting physician to House Institute of Medical Sciences, Los Angeles; Rhinology and Anterior skull base unit, Ohio State University Medical Centre, Columbus, Ohio and University of Michigan from where he acquired his knowledge. He is among the very few Indian ENT specialists who have undergone training in Advanced Sinus Surgery at IRCAD Taiwan. Besides this he is the humble recipient of the distinguished Vaidya Vibhushan Award 2019, awarded by Telangana State Government.
Endoscopic DCR FAQs
The benefits of an endoscopic DCR surgery can be listed as:
- Minimal pain which can be controlled using medications
- Rate of infection is low after surgery
- No facial scarring
The precautions which one needs to take prior the surgery are as follows:
- Attending pre operative assessment (like blood test or ECG)
- Getting admitted to the hospital on the day of the surgery
- Stopping the intake of blood thinning medications at least a week prior to the surgery
- Specifying ahead of time about allergic to any drug
The precautions which one needs to take post the surgery are as follows:
- Alter the dressing as needed
- In case of excessive bleeding visit the ENT specialist
- Use the prescribed eye drop or ointment for two weeks
- Use the prescribed nasal steroid spray twice a day
- Avoid blowing or picking nose for a week
- Try sneezing with mouth open
- Restrain from taking blood thinning medicines for 10 days
- Avoid exercising or swimming
- Restrain from air travel for at least seven days post the surgery
The risks related to endoscopic DCR can be summed up as:
- Oddly merged tissue in the nose
- Dislocation of the stent placed in the duct
- Excess bleeding
- Orbital hematoma
The symptoms which an endoscopic DCR treats are:
- Discharge from the eye
- Pain in the ear duct or its surrounding area
The causes which require an endoscopic DCR can be summed up as:
- Anatomical issues one was born with
- Chronic nasal and sinus swelling
- Blockage from a tumor
Yes, online consultation is available on the website.
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists or otolaryngologists are doctors who treat or perform medical surgeries related to ear, nose and throat as well as head and neck areas.