Get Cured by Best CSF Leak Treatment Doctor in Hyderabad!
Cure your CSF leak by the exceptionally proficient Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao – Best CSF Leak Treatment Doctor in Hyderabad
Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leak can trigger watery liquid to discharge through the ears and nose or into the spinal canal. The draining through the ears or nose should be recognized and treated rapidly and effectively to avoid the chances of getting affected by meningitis.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is an excellent ENT specialist with a diligent attribute of utmost care and compassion towards his patients. He strives to deliver his patients with supreme quality of treatment.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is not only the Best CSF Leak Treatment Doctor in Hyderabad, but he is also the Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad. His areas of expertise include Nose & Sinus surgeries, Otology, Snoring and Sleep Apnea surgeries.
Get an appointment
About Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr Chaitanya Rao is a member of the esteemed American Rhinologic Society (ARS) and European Rhinologic Society (ERS). With his 10+ years of extensive experience in the domain of ENT, he has a learning approach towards the field. Dr Chaitanya Rao is a true believer of the fact that a doctor needs to keep on updating or upskilling his knowledge round the clock in order to serve the patients with more competence. He advocates his belief by tutoring other ENT specialists through Hyderabad ENT Research Foundation and so far has imparted knowledge to more than 3000 ENT surgeons.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is not only the Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad but also is the Best Sinus Specialist in India. His areas of expertise include Nose & Sinus surgeries, Otology, Snoring and Sleep Apnea surgeries.
What is CSF Leak?
Cerebrospinal fluid is a clear liquid that constantly circulates through the brain’s hollow chambers and around the surface of the brain and spinal cord. This fluid rinses out blemishes from the brain, carries nutrients, and offers protective padding to the brain and spinal cord.
CSF leak can arise as a result of a head injury, problem from sinus or brain injury or because of tumor removal from inside a sinus. It grows visible when clear fluid begins to drain from the nose or into the back of the throat.
What are the different types of CSF Leak?
There are two distinct types of CSF Leaks:
- Spinal CSF Leaks – It occurs anywhere in the spinal column.
- Cranial CSF Leaks – It occurs in the skull.
How is CSF Leak diagnosed?
The recommended tests for diagnosing CSF Leak are:
- Analysis of the nasal fluid
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- Cisternogram – CT or nuclear medicine
- Pledget study
- Myelogram scan
Few CSF leaks may recover with conservative treatments such as bed rest but many leaks require a blood patch to cover the hole or surgery to repair it.
Why Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao has been actively engaged in serving his patients as the Managing Director at Dr Rao’s ENT Group of Hospitals. Amid his Post – Graduation days, Dr Chaitanya Rao was invited as a visiting physician to House Institute of Medical Sciences, Los Angeles; Rhinology and Anterior skull base unit, Ohio State University Medical Centre, Columbus, Ohio and University of Michigan from where he acquired his knowledge. He is among the very few Indian ENT specialists who have undergone training in Advanced Sinus Surgery at IRCAD Taiwan. Besides this he is the humble recipient of the distinguished Vaidya Vibhushan Award 2019, awarded by Telangana State Government.
CSF Leak FAQs
Some of the symptoms of CSF Leak are:
- Nasal discharge of CSF
- Visual disruption
- Meningitis (bacterial or viral)
The most common symptom of a spinal CSF Leak is headache. These headaches generally:
- Trigger pain in the rear of the head
- Get better when lying down
- Aggravate when standing up
- May begin or deteriorate with exertion
- Seldom start suddenly
The trivial events that can lead to CSF Leaks can be listed as follows:
- Exerting to have a bowel movement
- Lifting heavy objects
The probable signals that happen with or because of a CSF Leak can be summed up as:
- Lost sense of smell (anosmia)
- Indistinct or double vision (diplopia)
- Changes in hearing
- Hearing loss
- Pulsatile tinnitus
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Lack of appetite
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Nausea and vomiting
- Balance and gait problems
Consult a doctor if:
- One has constant runny nose
- One has discharge from the ears
- One has headache that aggravates when the head is upright
- One has a head injury
- One had a recent epidural
- One had a brain surgery
- One had a spinal cord surgery
The conservative treatments for CSF Leaks include:
- Complete bed rest with head elevated around 30 degrees
- Abstaining from sneezing or nose blowing
- Using stool softeners to prevent from straining
- Consuming over-the-counter or prescribed pain relief medications
- Taking acetazolamide in case of high intracranial pressure
A doctor will suggest a surgery only if:
- A CSF Leak that does not improve with conservative treatment
- A severe CSF Leak that is unlikely to heal on its own
- Blood clotting in the brain or spinal cord
- Herniated brain tissue that pushes into the ears or nose
If you are looking for the
you are in the right place!
Yes, online consultation is available on the website.
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists or otolaryngologists are doctors who treat or perform medical surgeries related to ear, nose and throat as well as head and neck areas.