Receive Treatment for your Bleeding Nose Today!
Get treated by the exceptionally proficient Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao – Best Doctor for Nose Bleeding Treatment in Hyderabad
Clinically termed as Epistaxis, bleeding from the nose or nosebleed is the loss of blood from the tissue that lines the inside of one’s nose. Based on the location and magnitude of an injury, this bleeding from the nose can be minor or major. Dr G V K Chaitanya Rao is not only the Best Doctor for Nose Bleeding Treatment in Hyderabad, but he is also the Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is an excellent ENT specialist with a diligent attribute of utmost care and compassion towards his patients. He strives to deliver his patients with supreme quality of treatment.
Get an appointment
About Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr Chaitanya Rao is a member of the esteemed American Rhinologic Society (ARS) and European Rhinologic Society (ERS). With his 10+ years of extensive experience in the domain of ENT, he has a learning approach towards the field. Dr Chaitanya Rao is a true believer of the fact that a doctor needs to keep on updating or upskilling his knowledge round the clock in order to serve the patients with more competence. He advocates his belief by tutoring other ENT specialists through Hyderabad ENT Research Foundation and so far has imparted knowledge to more than 3000 ENT surgeons.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is not only the Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad but also is the Best Sinus Specialist in India. His areas of expertise include Nose & Sinus surgeries, Otology, Snoring and Sleep Apnea surgeries.
What are nose bleeds?
Nosebleeds tend to occur easily owing to the position of the nose and the closer-to-the-surface position of blood vessels in the lining of one’s nose. Dry air and nose picking are considered to be the most prevalent causes of bleeding from the nose. Epistaxis is usually described by the site of the bleed. There are predominantly two types of nosebleed and one is more critical than the other:
It begins in the front of the nose on the lower region of the wall separating the two passages of the nose (called the septum). As the capillaries and small blood veins in this frontal area of the nose are feeble and can easily rupture and bleed. This is the commonest form of nosebleed and is generally harmless. Anterior nosebleed is more prevalent among children and can be cured at home itself.
Causes of Anterior nosebleed –
- Picking of nose
- Blowing of nose harshly
- Slight injury to nose
- Stuffy or blocked nose
- Dry air
- Allergic rhinitis and non allergic rhinitis
- High altitude
- Excessive usage of nasal sprays and decongestants
- Deviated nasal septum
Posterior nosebleed arises deep inside the nose. This is triggered by a bleed in larger blood vessels in the hind part of the nose near the throat. Posterior nosebleed possibly can turn into a more serious nosebleed than anterior nosebleed. It can result in profuse bleeding, which may drip down the back of the throat. Common among the adults, this type of nosebleed requires immediate medical attention.
Causes of Posterior nosebleed –
- Blow to one’s head or a fall
- Broken nose
- Recently done nasal surgery
- Hardened arteries
- Medications that causes one to bleed easily
- Tumor in the nasal chamber
- Blood clotting abnormality
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia
Why Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao has been actively engaged in serving his patients as the Managing Director at Dr Rao’s ENT Group of Hospitals. Amid his Post – Graduation days, Dr Chaitanya Rao was invited as a visiting physician to House Institute of Medical Sciences, Los Angeles; Rhinology and Anterior skull base unit, Ohio State University Medical Centre, Columbus, Ohio and University of Michigan from where he acquired his knowledge. He is among the very few Indian ENT specialists who have undergone training in Advanced Sinus Surgery at IRCAD Taiwan. Besides this he is the humble recipient of the distinguished Vaidya Vibhushan Award 2019, awarded by Telangana State Government.
To stop a nosebleed, follow these steps –
- Use your index finger and thumb to pinch together the soft part of the nose
- Squeeze the pinched part of your nose towards the face bones
- Lean forward a bit and tilt your towards the front as well
- Continue holding your pinched nose for 5 minutes
- Repeat the complete process until it stops bleeding from the nose
- During nosebleeds, keep your head higher than the level of your heart
- Avoid lying down or putting your head between the legs
- Try to sit quietly
- Apply an ice pack on cheeks and nose
- Consult an ENT physician if the problem persists
Majority of nosebleeds are not serious and can be treated at home. But in the following cases it is advised to visit an ENT specialist –
- Repeated occurrences of nosebleed
- Nosebleeds beginning in the back of the nose
- Bleeding occurs post an injury
- Bleeding does not stop after 20 minutes of applying direct pressure
People who can suffer from a nosebleed can be summarized as:
- Children between ages two and 10
- Adults between ages 45 and 65
- Pregnant women
- People who take blood thinning drugs
- People who have blood clotting disorders
Consult a doctor:
- If the nosebleed is uncontrollable
- If the bleeding is recurrent
- If the bleeding is profuse
- If the patient feels weak or faints
- If the nosebleed is an outcome of a facial trauma
- If the nosebleed is happening with a fever or a headache
- If an infant or toddler gets a nosebleed
A nosebleed is diagnosed by an ENT doctor by using:
- Nasal exam
- Nasal endoscopy
To treat bleeding from the nose, the following methods are taken:
- Nasal packing
- Medication adjustments
- Foreign body removal
- Correction of a deviated nasal septum
To prevent nosebleeds, try out these remedies –
- Practice using saline nasal sprays or drops
- Use a humidifier
- Use water-soluble nasal gels or ointments
- Avoid blowing nose to forcefully
- Sneeze through an open mouth
- Curb the use of medications that may increase bleeding
- Quit smoking
- Avoid nose picking
- Keep fingernails short
If you are looking for the
you are in the right place!
Yes, online consultation is available on the website.
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists or otolaryngologists are doctors who treat or perform medical surgeries related to ear, nose and throat as well as head and neck areas.