Restore Your Breathing with Balloon Sinuplasty!
Get your balloon sinuplasty surgery done by the exceptionally proficient Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao – Best Balloon Sinuplasty Surgeon in Hyderabad
Balloon sinuplasty is a minimally invasive treatment for cases of chronic rhinosinusitis (sinus inflammation) and blockage in the nose. Dr Chaitanya Rao is an excellent ENT specialist with a diligent attribute of utmost care and compassion towards his patients. He strives to deliver his patients with supreme quality of treatment.
Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao is not only the Best Balloon Sinuplasty Surgeon in Hyderabad, but he is also the Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad. His areas of expertise include Nose & Sinus surgeries, Otology, Snoring and Sleep Apnea surgeries.
Get an appointment
About Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr Chaitanya Rao is a member of the esteemed American Rhinologic Society (ARS) and European Rhinologic Society (ERS). With his 10+ years of extensive experience in the domain of ENT, he has a learning approach towards the field. Dr Chaitanya Rao is a true believer of the fact that a doctor needs to keep on updating or upskilling his knowledge round the clock in order to serve the patients with more competence. He advocates his belief by tutoring other ENT specialists through Hyderabad ENT Research Foundation and so far has imparted knowledge to more than 3000 ENT surgeons.
Dr Chaitanya Rao is not only the Best ENT Doctor in Hyderabad but also is the Best Sinus Specialist in India. His areas of expertise include Nose & Sinus surgeries, Otology, Snoring and Sleep Apnea surgeries.
Balloon sinuplasty is a kind of endoscopic nasal surgery. During the procedure of balloon sinuplasty, surgeons place a small balloon catheter through the nose that inflates to drain the large nasal sinuses. It works by dilating the openings of few or all three of the predominant nasal sinuses. This allows the sinuses to be cleared and drained. The results of this process are lasting, and do not require implants or additional support.
The balloon dilating catheter can be used in two ways:
- As any other instrument or tool used during functional endoscopic sinus surgery where it is applied as a minimally invasive tool to carry out a tissue removal procedure
- As an independent procedure where solely the balloon is used to open a sinus and no tissue is actually eliminated from the level of sinus opening
Balloon sinuplasty might be the solution for curing one’s chronic rhinosinusitis symptoms that had lasted more than 12 weeks and also had shown an inadequate response to long-term medical treatments including antibiotic courses.
Why Dr. G V K Chaitanya Rao
Dr GVK Chaitanya Rao has been actively engaged in serving his patients as the Managing Director at Dr Rao’s ENT Group of Hospitals. Amid his Post – Graduation days, Dr Chaitanya Rao was invited as a visiting physician to House Institute of Medical Sciences, Los Angeles; Rhinology and Anterior skull base unit, Ohio State University Medical Centre, Columbus, Ohio and University of Michigan from where he acquired his knowledge. He is among the very few Indian ENT specialists who have undergone training in Advanced Sinus Surgery at IRCAD Taiwan. Besides this he is the humble recipient of the distinguished Vaidya Vibhushan Award 2019, awarded by Telangana State Government.
Balloon Sinuplasty Surgery FAQs
Some of the common symptoms of chronic rhinosinusitis includes:
- Stuffy nose
- Constant congestion
- Facial pressure
- Runny nose
- Losing the sense of smell
People who need balloon sinuplasty surgery are:
- The one who is suffering from a mild form of sinusitis
- The one who has affected area in distinct sinuses, including those in the cheeks, forehead or back of the nose
- The one who is affected by chronic congestion and stuffiness of the nose
- The one who is suffering chronic sinus infections
- The one who is suffering from any sort of facial pressure or pain
The benefits of balloon sinuplasty can be listed as:
- Brief recovery time
- Reduced risk of bleeding
- Does not involve conscious damage or removal of any sinus tissues, structures, etc.
- Fewer post-operative appointments required
- Reduced need for operative or postoperative pain medications
- Long lasting relief from sinus pain
- Reduced need for sinus medication
- Ability to breathe freely again
- Shorter office, clinic or hospital stay
- Reduced complications of postoperative infection
- Reduced risk of scarring and continued inflammation
The complications involved with balloon sinuplasty are:
- Bleeding or bloody discharge for a couple of days
- One can experience nasal, cheek or forehead tenderness
- One can encounter swelling in nasal cavities, passages and surrounding facial area
- Can cause nasal congestion
- One can develop an infection, generally from a failure to appropriately cleanse the sinuses after surgery
- Very rarely, sinuplasty has been recorded to cause more critical symptoms such as damage to the structure that separate the brain from the sinuses
In rare instances, it can affect one’s sense of smell and the look of his / her nose
One might need to rest at home for 24 to 48 hours after having a balloon sinuplasty surgery.
If you are looking for the
you are in the right place!
Yes, online consultation is available on the website.
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists or otolaryngologists are doctors who treat or perform medical surgeries related to ear, nose and throat as well as head and neck areas.